Picture yourself relaxing by a cascading pool overlooking lush, green pastures while the beautiful Texas hill country frames the sun as it slips behind the horizon. Open Gate Ranch is an amazing little piece of heaven where the hill country meets the brush country. This 140 +/- acre luxury estate offers a unique chance to enjoy breathtaking distant views of the surrounding hills, an exquisite custom home, beautiful horse facilities and massive whitetail bucks, all on a ranch less than an hour to downtown San Antonio.
- 6.5 miles north on Hwy 173 turn right onto CR342, proceed one mile then turn left onto CR3421 which dead ends into the ranch entrance.
- 4468 +/- sq ft custom single story rock home built by David Wessels
- 3 bedroom, 3 ½ bath
- open floor plan to allow for ease of entertaining in large numbers
- standing seam brown tone metal roof
- hardwood and stained concrete floors in all living areas and master bedroom
- impressive great room with 20 ft. vaulted T&G pine ceilings and massive ponderosa beams
- floor-to-ceiling custom wood-framed Jeldwen picture windows across back of home to highlight the breath-taking views from the great room, dining room, kitchen and master bedroom
- magnificent double-sided, full masonry fireplace in living area and dining area; intimate full masonry fireplace in study
- beautifully appointed custom kitchen with knotty alder custom cabinets, granite counters, substantial butcher block island, Jenn Air custom series appliances including a 6 burner gas cook top, large pantry
- 10 ft. T&G pine ceilings in kitchen and dining with amazing distressed cedar beams
- limestone rock accent walls throughout the living areas, dining, kitchen and master
- stately master suite with vaulted ceiling, rock accent wall, antique custom doors, double vanities with knotty alder cabinets and custom sinks, oversized soaking tub, incredible rock shower with 7 shower heads, 2 large walk in closets and work out room
- ample sized utility room with knotty alder cabinets, Whirlpool Duet front load washer/dryer, large utility sink, full size freezer
- 1700 +/- sq ft of outdoor covered living areas
- 10,000 sq ft of irrigated, landscaped/grass covered fenced yard
- refreshing in-ground pool with faux infinity edge, swim-shelf, hot tub and two waterfalls
- 650 +/- sq ft 1 bedroom 1 bath custom built bunkhouse
- 2 domestic Edwards Aquifer wells servicing the dwellings and two wildlife water troughs
- 75×30 custom horse stable, 4 oversized 15×15 Classic Equine stalls with dutch doors, automatic waterers, fans, large wash rack with hot water heater
- 48×36 barn with 4 12×12 Preifert stalls, automatic waterers, automatic fly system, feed room, hay storage, shop and store room
- 200×300 pipe arena with return alley and attached square cutting pen, imported sand for optimal equine performance
- pipe cattle pens attached to arena for ease of working cattle, loading alley and squeeze chute
- multiple pastures to allow for separated turn out
- large caliche parking area for trailers
- 30 amp plug-in for living quarters
- Horse pasture offers level ground sprigged in Tifton Bermuda with oak covered pasture for turnout.
- Deer Pasture gives rise to the beginning of the Hill Country providing for large oaks and mixed brush; ideal wildlife habitat
- Whitetail deer are maintained in the house pasture.
- The native whitetails were removed 10 years ago and the ranch was stocked with 6 bred does and 3 buck fawns one year later.
- The herd has been built up naturally to 40-50 adult deer providing for an annual harvest of 15-25 deer depending on fawn recruitment.
- The ranch is under MLD Harvest program providing for extended tags and seasons by TP&W.
- Over the past 4 seasons the ranch has harvested bucks scoring 265, 217, 189, 182, 173, 170, 162, 158, 153. This season looks to add to that list with several high scoring bucks on the list, and the crop of up and comers looks to continue the trend into the future.
- Dove hunting is one of the ranch’s untapped resources, being the northernmost fields on Hwy 173, sunflower or sesame production should yield a large number of birds.
- Comes equipped with 4 blinds, 5 protein feeders (approx. 1000 lbs each), and 4 corn feeders (350 lbs each). All have been strategically placed on the ranch.
- No current lease or production on the ranch.
- Seller will convey 50% of owned minerals upon closing.
Owners are licensed Agents with Republic Ranches.