Golder Ranch on Rosebud Creek - Rosebud County, Colstrip, MT
Offered for the first time in 75 years, the historic Golder Ranch on Rosebud Creek is situated along productive Rosebud Creek. It provides 12,762± deeded acres, 1,274± acres of state lease, and 465± acres of Bureau of Land Management (BLM) permit of untouched, majestic landscape featuring spring-fed deep draws, cliffs, and beautiful rock outcroppings with native prairie interspersed. Renowned for their excellent conservation efforts and stewardship, the Golder Ranch features outstanding grasslands for livestock grazing in addition to excellent cover for elk, mule deer, antelope, turkeys, and upland game birds. The forested draws and the picturesque rock formations add to the uniqueness and diversity of the property, with Rosebud Creek, Cottonwood Creek, and Slough Grass Creek drainages meandering through the expansive ranch.
An original 1900s two-story ranch house and two-story barn, two shops, a newer pole barn, working corrals, and other miscellaneous support buildings comprise the improvements. Numerous solar wells, springs, and ponds can be found throughout the ranch, and sub-irrigated meadows have been developed for hay production, with additional meadows available for further development.
Remnants of earth’s first visitors have been discovered in the area and on this ranch, providing a glimpse of past events. Today, the Golder Ranch remains a working cattle ranch and is virtually the same as years ago, making it one of the best Montana ranches on the market.
- Features 12,762± deeded acres, 1,274± acres state lease, and 465± acres of BLM permit
- Slough Creek, Little Cottonwood Creek, South Fork of Cottonwood Creek, North Fork of Cottonwood Creek, and Cottonwood Creek traverse through the ranch
- Numerous recreational amenities include hiking, trail riding, hunting, fossil hunting, and wildlife viewing
- Located in Hunting District 702 for elk, deer, and antelope
- Multiple water resources, including solar wells, springs, reservoirs, and creeks, provide water to livestock and wildlife
- Excellent forage cover for productive agriculture and sustaining wildlife
- Improvements include a 1900s ranch-style home with an apartment, historical barn, machine shed, open-face pole barn, and corrals
- Renowned area for excellent agricultural production and abundant wildlife
- Area wildlife includes elk, deer, antelope, upland game birds, turkey, bear, coyotes, and pheasant
- Historic cow/calf operation
- Excellent candidate property for a conversation easement
Learn more about this property, its investment potential and information about the area in the Property Brochure.
THIS RANCH IS CO-MARKETED WITH FAY RANCHES.
Fay Ranches has been providing brokerage and advisory services for the acquisition and sale of significant land assets since 1992. While not forgetting our roots as a sporting ranch company, we have expanded our focus and expertise to include the finest farms, ranches, timberland, plantations and vineyards from coast to coast. Over the last two decades, we have built a network of relationships including our Strategic Alliance with Texas-based Republic Ranches. We continue to lead the industry with our consistent ability to source land opportunities for investors and use our unrivaled reach and marketing platform to handle the sale of exceptional land assets. Fay Ranches is headquartered in Bozeman, Montana with offices across the United States, from Oregon to Tennessee.