Chupadera Ranch - Socorro County, Socorro, NM
Chupadera Ranch is 37,644± acres of grazing land characterized by gently rolling hills with pretty purple mountain views. Lying about 40 minutes east of Interstate 25, the ranch is 54% deeded acreage, 36% state lease, and 10% BLM lease – all in Socorro County. Rated to carry 580 cow-calf pairs, it also boasts the attraction of quality hunting (GMU 18) for elk, deer, pronghorn, and Oryx. A cattleman leases the ranch grazing for approximately $10,000 a month. Further, a $35,665 annual lease with White Sands Missile Range for fly-over and evacuation provides additional payments if evacuation is called for.
Currently, the ranch is conservatively stocked with 400 pairs. Moreover, the monsoon rains have been excellent this year, and the range is very healthy! There are five wells on the property, and water is distributed to a variety of drinkers. The drinkers attract wildlife, are thick with dove, hold coveys of quail, and anchor big-game-animal movement across the ranch. The owner has kept hunting to a minimum but can issue Landowner Tags for elk, deer, and Oryx at their discretion. Oryx are visually stunning, and good populations like this are rare. Free-ranging African Oryx in the United States are unique to New Mexico and can be hunted year-round. Additionally, the ranch receives four pronghorn (antelope) tags each year.
- 37,644± acres that is 54% deeded, 36% state, and 10% BLM
- Grazing is leased at $10,000 a month plus a $35,665 annual payment from WSMR for fly-over and occasional evacuation
- Hunting opportunities on the ranch include Oryx, elk, mule deer, and pronghorn
- The ranch has populations of quail and is thick with dove
- Ranch livestock and wildlife are watered by a series of wells and drinkers
- Elevations vary 500 feet, from 5,900 feet down to 5,400 feet, and the land contour is charming
- Pretty mountain views decorate gorgeous sunrises and sunsets
- Historically known as the Orndorff Ranch, the range and ranch have long been a respected cattle operation
- The large Monte Prieto Ranch adjoins to the east, with much published and written about its recent conservation easement and its Retreat Center
- This ranch is 100% in Socorro County
Learn more about this property, its investment potential and information about the area in the Property Brochure.
THIS RANCH IS CO-MARKETED WITH FAY RANCHES.
Fay Ranches has been providing brokerage and advisory services for the acquisition and sale of significant land assets since 1992. While not forgetting our roots as a sporting ranch company, we have expanded our focus and expertise to include the finest farms, ranches, timberland, plantations and vineyards from coast to coast. Over the last two decades, we have built a network of relationships including our Strategic Alliance with Texas-based Republic Ranches. We continue to lead the industry with our consistent ability to source land opportunities for investors and use our unrivaled reach and marketing platform to handle the sale of exceptional land assets. Fay Ranches is headquartered in Bozeman, Montana with offices across the United States, from Oregon to Tennessee.