The Farris Hotel 1912 - Colorado County, Eagle Lake, TX
Commonly known as “The Birthplace of Eagle Lake”, the Farris Hotel 1912 was built to be a site for rail travelers and businessmen alike to rest their heads in the early 1900’s. Formerly named “The Dallas Hotel”, the building was originally the social and business center of the town and hosted guests to the likes of the Rockefellers, Conway Twitty, and T.G. Shepherd. Throughout the years, the red-bricked structure with a wrap-around covered porch has been meticulously restored and its Beaux Arts style maintained.
In 2017, the hotel was converted into a private residence by an individual passionate about history and the legacy that the hotel brings to the town.
The grounds are approximately one acre in the historic downtown of Eagle Lake at the corner of Post Office and McCarty. The first floor of the hotel consists of a loaded commercial kitchen that has everything a chef would need to feed a full house, a banquet hall that can host a large gathering or event, his and hers commercial bathrooms, a sizable meeting room, a “front of house” office, and a barroom complete with a separate bar-back room. The hotel's second floor boasts twelve guest rooms, ten and a half bathrooms, a utility room, a washroom, a storage closet, and a grand living area. Attached to the living area is a hall that leads to a delightful terrace where guests can catch some fresh air. The sizable courtyard outside connects the hotel to a greenhouse. Adjacent to the courtyard is “the back yard” which contains a concrete drive that directs you straight to a newly built saloon worthy of hosting large parties and events.
This property has limitless potential to be converted back into a hotel, a wedding venue, or events space. Call or email us today for more information!
The Farris Hotel 1912 is in the heart of Eagle Lake’s historic downtown at Post Office and McCarty and approximately 68 miles WSW of downtown Houston.