Rea Ranch - Hamilton County, Hamilton, TX
Rea Ranch consists of 735± acres and has excellent access with frontage along the north side of paved FM 218 as well as frontage on County Road 626. The pasture is gently rolling with great views of the northern horizon. Live oak motts are the predominant tree species as well as scattered mesquite in the prairie-like ecosystem. Four separate fields provide a total of 270± acres of cultivated Sudan grass while productive soils complete the remainder in native pasture. This combination creates a great opportunity for livestock production, some wildlife enjoyment, and it is set up for agricultural use as well.
A historic headquarters consist of a home built in 1885, as well as a metal workshop that was built in 2008 on a concrete slab with electricity. There is a collection of other outbuildings, barns and sheds. All improvements have a nominal contributory value. Perimeter and cross-fencing system assist in the management of livestock.
Three stock tanks and a water well that is located at the headquarters provide water for livestock and recreational purposes. This well was dug around 1962 at a depth of 52 feet and made 12 gpm, with a 6” casing. Water can commonly be found at around 25 – 50’ of depth from the Paluxy aquifer in this area. The first Trinity aquifer would be at about 270′ of depth, and may generally yield about 20 gpm.
Seller does not own any of the mineral estate.