Jawbone Canyon Ranch is a 106 acre showplace with absolutely spectacular views of the Rocky Mountains of southern Colorado (can also be purchased as 35 acres for $1.2M). The natural beauty of this ranch is outstanding with rolling hills, lush fields, large stands of Ponderosa pines and aspen groves all surrounded by breathtaking mountain ranges. This amazing ranch possesses a peace and tranquility making you feel at one with nature and beckoning for you to relax and enjoy its majesty.
Located just 25 miles south of the charming mountain village of Pagosa Springs, CO, this ranch is an easy commute just a mile from meticulously maintained highway 84. A security gate at the beginning of Jawbone Canyon road provides the utmost in privacy to the ranch. The picturesque drive leads you to a lush meadow where the splendid mountain home sits within the valley. Stately ponderosa pines border the field and cover the mountainside. A wood plank exterior with rusted metal roof and floor to ceiling windows create the ideal mountain escape. As you stroll through the lavishly landscaped yard to the rustic solid alder front door the quality and attention to detail are evident. A vaulted ceiling with massive reclaimed barn wood beams and floor to ceiling windows accentuate the breathtaking views in every room of the house. The open floor plan creates a natural entertainment setting. This beautiful home has quality and character with all of the amenities. Life at Jawbone Canyon Ranch is simple elegance.
Land & location
- 106 acres with the perfect combination of level pasture, forest and mountain terrain
- Within 30 minutes to Pagosa Springs, CO (private airstrip) and less than 2 hours to Durango, CO and Santa Fe, NM (each having direct flights from major airports)
- This property is part of Crowley Ranch Reserve (HOA) which provides community water, road maintenance, 2000 acres of shared open space, small lake and private community hot springs.
- Nearby San Juan National Forest offers unprecedented outdoor recreation including hiking, horseback riding, mountain biking, hunting, fishing, 4-wheeling, snowmobiling, snowshoeing, cross-country skiing and camping to name a few.
- Centrally located between multiple ski destinations including: Wolf Creek, Purgatory, Taos, Red River, Angel Fire and Santa Fe
- World class trout fishing available within minutes of the ranch: Navajo river, San Juan river, Navajo Lake, Piedra river
- Located within a few miles of the famed Jicarilla Indian Reservation which boasts some of the best trophy mule deer in New Mexico
- Masterfully designed, wonderfully warm and inviting mountain retreat
- 3500+ square feet of living space
- 4 bedroom 2.5 baths with upstairs office
- Open floor plan with amazing views from every room
- Soaring ceiling with massive reclaimed wood beams
- Chef’s kitchen with live edge granite counters, large custom island, custom alder wood cabinets and Kenmore PRO appliances
- Acacia hand scraped bronze wood floors
- In floor radiant heat
- Incredible 100 year old reclaimed wood stairway
- Knotty alder wood doors with rustic bronze hardware
- Lexington Forge fireplace in living room
- High speed DSL
- Patina copper and custom bronze sinks
- Gorgeous master bath with deep, jetted soaking tub; limestone walk-in shower; seperate vanities with bronze sinks and granite counters
- Landscaped yard with lush grass, decorative trees (maple, ash, crabapple, cottonwood, willow and aspen), perennial flowers and shrubs.
- Water irrigation system in front and backyard, as well as automatic watering flower baskets
- Beautiful outdoor entertaining with inviting wood deck and firepit in front of home, flagstone walkways and covered dining area
- Oversized 3 bay garage with 10 foot ceilings, concrete floor, heated bay with pet door leading to covered outdoor space
- Heated gym/studio above garage