Lake Fork Ranch - Leadville, CO
The stunning views from Lake Fork Ranch are dominated by the two highest peaks in the Rocky Mountains, Mount Elbert, and Mount Massive. The ranch is located virtually at the base of Mount Massive in the Upper Arkansas River Valley, surrounded by the Sawatch and Mosquito Mountain Ranges. The land is a combination of irrigated meadows, forest, and creek bottom and overlooks the Arkansas River a mile below Turquoise Lake Recreation Area.
The world-class ski mountains of Vail, Copper Mountain, and Beaver Creek are less than an hour’s drive from Lake Fork Ranch. Ski Cooper, a great family ski mountain, is only fifteen minutes from the ranch. Leadville’s airport, restaurants, shops, and nightlife are only minutes from the ranch gate. Leadville is a well-known center for endurance sports, but the average weekend athlete can enjoy the adjacent golf course, hiking, biking, and equestrian activities, in addition to most winter sports.
The core of the ranch is the valuable package of water rights. Seven irrigation ditches provide water, and Lake Fork Creek meanders for a mile and a half through the heart of the ranch. Recently, a significant stream restoration and fish habitat improvement project was implemented to improve trout fishing. Elk hunting or viewing is excellent as well.
The ranch enjoys great neighbors, The National Fish Hatchery, Colorado Outward Bound, and Mount Massive Golf Course. Trailheads providing access to Mount Massive Wilderness and Holy Cross Wilderness are only minutes away. Lake Fork Ranch is a spectacular opportunity to create your own legacy property and invest in water rights and big acreage near town. Meanwhile, as your water and land investment grows, you can enjoy all the wonderful recreational activities Colorado mountain life offers.
- 797± acres
- Valuable water rights and ag income
- Exceptional trout fishing on 1.5± miles of Lake Fork Creek
- Great neighbors: Mount Massive Golf Course, Colorado Outward Bound, Leadville National Fish Hatchery
- Located in the heart of ski country: Copper Mountain, Vail, Beaver Creek, Ski Cooper
- Easy year-round maintained access
- Updated ranch house and cottage
- Working ranch buildings, corrals, and historic homestead buildings
- Mixture of pasture, forest, and creek bottomland
- Excellent elk hunting with LPP or public draw GMU 48
- Stunning views of the highest peaks in Colorado and the Rocky Mountains
- 5 minutes to the Leadville Airport
- Learn more about this property, its investment potential and information about the area in the Property Brochure.
THIS RANCH IS CO-MARKETED WITH FAY RANCHES.
Fay Ranches has been providing brokerage and advisory services for the acquisition and sale of significant land assets since 1992. While not forgetting our roots as a sporting ranch company, we have expanded our focus and expertise to include the finest farms, ranches, timberland, plantations and vineyards from coast to coast. Over the last two decades, we have built a network of relationships including our Strategic Alliance with Texas-based Republic Ranches. We continue to lead the industry with our consistent ability to source land opportunities for investors and use our unrivaled reach and marketing platform to handle the sale of exceptional land assets. Fay Ranches is headquartered in Bozeman, Montana with offices across the United States, from Oregon to Tennessee.